Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of those recipes I came up with 'cause I didn't have much in the house and no time to shop for stuff. This would be good served with or without rice.
- 1 beef smoked sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (5 g) packet Sazon Goya seasoning
- garlic salt or adobo seasoning
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh onion
- Slice sausage into 1/4 inch slices.
- Brown sausage in oil until it is cooked through.
- Add kidney beans, water, and remaining ingredients, seasoning to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer for 5 minute.
- Serve alone or with rice.