Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Based on a great soup served by the Columbia restaurant in Tampa, this firey soup cooks up quick when you're craving something spicy and hot.
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) cansliced potatoes, drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pinch saffron
- In a medium stock pot, heat bacon grease over medium heat.
- Cook onion and garlic until soft, being careful not to brown.
- Crumble chorizo and heat until well cooked.
- Drain grease and return pan to heat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.