Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this hearty savory soup on cold winter days with a big slice of crusty rustic bread. If there's any left over it's even better the second day.
- 1 lb chorizo sausage or 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb other spicy cured sausage, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 (5 g) packets sazon goya with azafran or 2 (1 g) packets Vigo flavoring and coloring
- 1 small bay leaf
- If the sausage has casings, remove them before cutting the sausage in pieces.
- Sauté sausage in a soup pot over medium heat until fat is rendered.
- Add onions and sauté until onions are translucent. Add garlic and sauté 2 more minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low.
- Boil gently for about 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.