Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The recipe calls for perch, but I'm sure you could substitute basically any fish for this!
- 1 lb fresh perch fillets or 1 lb frozen perch fillet
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Thaw frozen fish according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Separate fish into four fillets or pieces. Place fish in ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine paprika, garlic and onion powder, pepper, oregano, and thyme in small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning mixture and lemon juice evenly over fish. Drizzle margarine evenly over fish.
- Bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Ingredients call for sliced onions, but instructions call for onion powder. Also the instructions don't tell you what to do with the tomato sauce. Ingredient list mentions cumin, but it's not in the instructions. Instructions mention paprika, lemon juice, and margarine. However they're not in the ingredient list.
Due to my Spanish heritage I was compelled to try this recipe. The ingredients list and the instructions do not match first of all. I tried using the tomato sauce into the mix but it came out too granny and overall yucky! The mixture remind me of traditional "Chimichurry" which I think it might be too strong flavor wise with this kind of fish. Overall experience: Will NOT try again..