1/1 Photo of Spanish Baked Eggs
maryjane in spain's Note:
A great breakfast for guests - serve with roasted tomato halves. No need for toast as the breadcrumbs provide the crunch. Cook and serve in a Spanish cazuela.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter and oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- 2Fry onion and pepper until slightly brown then pour into the cazeula.
- 3Carefully break all 6 eggs on top of the vegetable layer.
- 4Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over the eggs.
- 5Bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees F, gasmark 4 for about 10 minutes, until eggs have set, but are not hard.
- 6(Oven temps and cooking vessels vary so keep an eye on it).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Baked Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 691.0
- Calories from Fat 487
- Total Fat 54.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 718.0 mg
- Sodium 1003.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 32.7 g