Recipe by maryjane in spain
A great breakfast for guests - serve with roasted tomato halves. No need for toast as the breadcrumbs provide the crunch. Cook and serve in a Spanish cazuela.
Top Review by Ed&Theresa
Didn't have a cazeula, so had to use a glass pie plate, that might have been why cooking time was off,it was closer to 15 minutes than 10. Also in instructions olive oil isn't mention? Add salt and pepper to taste. Food was very good, will make again after I buy a cazeula, thanks for posting.
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 125 ml cheese, grated
- 60 ml breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry onion and pepper until slightly brown then pour into the cazeula.
- Carefully break all 6 eggs on top of the vegetable layer.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle over the eggs.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees F, gasmark 4 for about 10 minutes, until eggs have set, but are not hard.
- (Oven temps and cooking vessels vary so keep an eye on it).