Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very light, excellent cake which is best eaten on the day it is made. (It will sink slightly as it cools.)
TO COAT CAKE TIN
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
FOR THE CAKE
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons glace cherries, chopped
- Butter and flour an 8 or 9 inch cake tin.
- Stir together the sugar, almonds, cinnamon and flour.
- Add egg yolks, brandy and chopped cherries.
- Combine well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the yolk mixture.
- Transfer to the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 30 minutes until the cake tests done.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for 15 minutes before unmolding.