Recipe by MumofJuan
Cold, cheap and tasty summer soup from Andalucia, one of the hottest places in the world. I'm posting this specially for Mirj, who's honored me rating my first recipe at zaar with 5 stars.Thanks Mirj, hope you like this in your hot Israeli nights !.
- 5 ounces raw almonds, well peeled (not toasted)
- 2 big garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup refined olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 7 ounces grapes, peeled
- 1⁄2 lb French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the bread crumbs of the french loaf,only the white ones not the crust,and soak them in cold water for half an hour.
- In blender, put bread crumbs (slightly squeezed), garlic, almonds, oil, vinegar and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mix in a big soup bowl and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once you're going to serve the soup, pour ice cold water in the mix, a little at a time, mixing well until the desired consistency (it should be like gazpacho, creamy not too watery) and add the peeled, whole grapes.
- Grapes should be sweet, white ones not the red variety.
- Don't use a strong virgin oil but a mild, refined one of about 0'4º acidity.