Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I fell in love with this recpe while in college when I visited Santorini Greece
Make and share this Spanakopita Triangles recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup very finely chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 lb feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup very finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dill weed or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (1 lb) package phyllo dough
- 1 lb butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat the oil in a small pan. Add onion and garlic until golden. Beat eggs in large bowl with electric mixer until light and lemon in color. Stir the cooked onion, garlic, feta parsley, dill and spinach. Season with salt and pepper and nutmeg. Remove the fillo dough from the package; unroll and place on a large sheet of waxed paper. Fold the fillo crosswise into thirds. Cover with another sheet of waxed paper and damp cloth. (Phillo dough dries out very fast). Lay one strip of fillo at a time on a flat surface and brush immediately with melted butter. Fold the strip in half lengthwise. Brush with butter again. Place rounded spoon of spinach filling on the end of strip; fold over corner to make triangle. Continue folding end to end, as you fold a flag. Brush top with butter. Repeat the process until filling is used up. Place triangles in single layers, seam side down on ungreased jelly roll pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.