1/1 Photo of Spanakopita Lasagna
1 hr 5 mins
I love spanakopita, but need about four pairs of hands to make it by my favorite recipe and it's pricey for a small square of it at my favorite restaurant. When I want the flavors without so much hassle, I make this lasagna instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3Saute onions in vegetable oil over medium heat until tender and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, mix spinach, ricotta cheese, milk, feta, eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, and dill.
- 5When onions are ready, add them to this mixture.
- 6Spread a thin layer of spinach mixture in the baking dish, and then cover with three lasagna noodles.
- 7Spread another 1 1/2 cups over the noodles and then sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese.
- 8Top with three more noodles.
- 9Spread another 1 1/2 cups spinach mixture on top and the place the final three lasagna noodles.
- 10Top the last three noodles with the remaining spinach mixture, then place tomato slices on top and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- 11Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- 12Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- 13Let stand for ten minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanakopita Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.9
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 136.4 mg
- Sodium 860.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles