Recipe by 12345678980123455677889
These are so yummy and so amazingly easy to prepare. They are very similar to those delicious Greek Spinach and Feta pies. They are always a hit at my parties!
Top Review by Sue Lau
I thought these were very good, just for personal taste I might like a heavier ratio of feta cheese. But the seasoning on the spinach was very nice and tasty! Thanks so much for posting!!!
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 (400 g) package frozen chopped spinach, drained
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (Pillsbury)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice Onion into small pieces.
- Place Onion and Chicken Stock in a saute pan and cook on medium until Onions become translucent.
- Add Dill and Spinach, continue to cook until all liquid is evaporated.
- Remove Spinach and Onion mixture from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, stir in Feta Cheese into filling mixture.
- Open packages of Crescent Rolls and unroll onto cutting board.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut each Crescent into 2
- Place 1 tsp of the filling at the widest end of the Crescent and roll up dough "jelly roll style" around filling.
- Place Cresents 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 12 - 14 minutes until golden brown.
- *filling may be prepared and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance.
- ** Cresents may be baked earlier in the day and then reheated before serving.