These are so yummy and so amazingly easy to prepare. They are very similar to those delicious Greek Spinach and Feta pies. They are always a hit at my parties!
- Dice Onion into small pieces.
- Place Onion and Chicken Stock in a saute pan and cook on medium until Onions become translucent.
- Add Dill and Spinach, continue to cook until all liquid is evaporated.
- Remove Spinach and Onion mixture from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, stir in Feta Cheese into filling mixture.
- Open packages of Crescent Rolls and unroll onto cutting board.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, cut each Crescent into 2
- Place 1 tsp of the filling at the widest end of the Crescent and roll up dough "jelly roll style" around filling.
- Place Cresents 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 12 - 14 minutes until golden brown.
- *filling may be prepared and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance.
- ** Cresents may be baked earlier in the day and then reheated before serving.
I thought these were very good, just for personal taste I might like a heavier ratio of feta cheese. But the seasoning on the spinach was very nice and tasty! Thanks so much for posting!!!
OMG! These are awesome! I love spanikopita but absolutely hate making it, this was so easy. I cut everything in the recipe in half except I used the full tbs. of dill, I also used one can of crescents and didn't cut the triangles in half. They were so, so good! When I do them as appetizers for several people I will cut the crescents in half but when it's just us it's just easier to do them whole. Regardless, I will definitely be making them again and agian, thanks for posting!
I made these for a book club dinner last night and they were enjoyed by all! I used a 14 oz can of spinach instead of frozen. I also didnt drain and added dried chicken stock to the juice. Everything else remained the same. Thanks for sharing:) Even my 10 yr old liked these!