Recipe by Lori Mama
When we were in Florida, we ate at this little Greek restaurant and I ordered a chicken dish with spinach in it. It was so tasty and the filling reminded me of Spanakopita. I'm sure it's not totally correct, but it's close. Note: The coating will not be browned when finished baking, but will be crisp.
Top Review by breezermom
What a delight! I was a bit scared about no seasoning on the chicken, but the cheese mix was flavor enough! I used fresh spinach, so there was no need to squeeze it dry, just chop it. Otherwise I followed the recipe as posted, except I did use the broiler to brown the panko a bit. This was delicious! Thanks for sharing Lori! Made for Photo Tag!
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded flat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped squeezed dry, spinach
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese
- 1 3⁄4 ounces wedge Laughing Cow cheese, plain flavor
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- salt or pepper
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl combine first 7 ingredients and mix well.
- Place chicken on a clean surface and divide spinach mixture evenly between them, leaving a 1/4 inch border.
- Roll up and secure with tooth picks.
- Brush melted butter over each roll and dredge in crumbs.
- Place on non stick cooking sheet and bake 40 minute.