Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- salt (sea salt preferred)
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- olive oil
- to taste butter
- 1 clove garlic, Minced
- fresh ground pepper (taste)
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb butter (1 stick)
- 1 lb phyllo dough
- If using fresh spinach, wash the spinch and remove the rough stems.
- Place in large bowl and sprinkle heavily with salt.
- Rub the salt into the leaves by thakin them up, a bunch at a time, and rubbing them between your hands; the volume of spinach will decrease drastically as you do.
- Tear the sponach up as you do this.
- Rinse the salt off thoroughly and dry the spinach, squeezing it in bunches in a towel. (If using frozen spinach, just let it thaw and squeeze out the excess moisture.) Saute the onion and mushrooms in a little olive oil and butter with the garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- When both onions and mushrooms are tender remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl and crumble in the feta, add the parmesan, then the spinach, onions, mushrooms, stir in the parsley, organo, rosemary, some freshly ground pepper, and a little salt (remembering the
- feta is very salty