Recipe by jas kaur
Spinach stuffed phyllo sheets looks really tempting. This is from the greek embassy courtesy NDTV
- 16 sheets phyllo pastry
- 6 -7 cups spinach, mixture
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 kg spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 5 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the spinach, add salt and then drain out the excess water.
- Take a pan and sauté onions till golden. Add spring onions, spinach, dill, parsley and cook for few minutes.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add evaporated milk.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with cheese. Season with the salt and pepper and add to the spinach mixture. Mix well and keep aside.
- The mixture can be prepared without pre-cooking. The baking time however increases in the final preparation.
- Line a pan with eight sheets of phyllo, brushing each sheet with the olive oil before topping it with the next sheet.
- Now spread the spinach mixture evenly.
- Lay the remaining phyllo on top and then cut into diamond size serving pieces.
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes in a pre-heated oven. Serve.