Recipe by Clifford Boren
Spam lovers of the world, unite! Celebrate your fondness for the estimable potted meat by whipping up a couple of these delicious and easy to prepare sandwiches. Serve with potato salad and perhaps some fatfree tater chips.
- 2 large hamburger buns, i use orowheat giant onion buns
- 4 slices turkey spam, about 1/2 inch thick
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese, i use 2% milk slices
- dill pickle slices
- 2 slices onions
Directions See How It's Made
- On a griddle or frying pan, fry the cut sides of the buns until they are nice and crispy brown.
- Spread mustard on buns, put onion on the bottom bun.
- Fry the spam until done on one side.
- Then flip them over and arrange them in two sets of two slices with one side in each pair touching each other.
- Put two slices of cheese on each pair and leave it until the cheese melts.
- Put each pair of spam slices on one of the bottom buns, scatter pickle slices over the top of the spam, put the top slice of bun on the sandwich and plate it up.