Recipe by kittycatonline.com
A simple, fast meal. Good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. So easy, so quick, shameless comfort food.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Fall Pick a Chef 2011 and the only thing I did different was to add a little minced garlic (love garlic) and like Chef shapeweaver@ I topped with sliced green onions for color. The hominy I had was white (would have been prettier with yellow). DH loved it...I liked it and would eat it again but I would like it served with some eggs or a salad. (My fault) Will probably make it again sometime. Thank you for posting.
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the Spam into cubes.
- Dice the onions.
- Open the can of hominy and drain off any liquid.
- Get a skillet out and fry the spam cubes until they start to brown a bit and some fat is released. Stir occasionally.
- Add the diced onion and a bit of butter if so desired. The butter makes the onions fry up better. Stir occasionally.
- Once the onions obtain a nice looking texture, typically a few minutes, add in the drained hominy. Stir it all for a couple of minutes, to warm up the hominy.
- Serve and eat.