Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was in given to me by a good friend. The recipe originated from "Marshall Field's Oakbrook" according to her cookbook. It isn't something I would usually make, but I wanted to post it, in her honor.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 12 ounces Spam, cut in 12 slices and browned
- 9 ounces stouffer's creamed spinach, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, in 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram, dried
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium skillet, melt butter, and saute garlic, onion, mushrooms, marjoram, and white pepper until translucent. Remove from heat, mix in parmesan cheese, and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combine egg and water until well blended; set aside.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into six squares (for a total of 12 squares). Place one piece of 'spam' on one square of puff pastry; top with 2T spinach; add another piece of 'spam', top with 1/6th of mushroom mixture, and top with puff pastry. Paint edges of top piece of pastry with egg wash; seal to bottom pastry. Repeat with remaining ingredients five more times; brush entire top of each pastry with egg wash mixture.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet; and bake 25-30 minutes.