1/1 Photo of Spam Sushi Maki Rolls
Spam lovers unite! This was just an experimental dish, but it turned out pretty good. If you're in the mood for a fun and different dish... give this recipe a try! Don't knock it before you try it! =D This recipe is starting off assuming you have already fried the spam strips. *You can also use the reduced sodium Spam Lite version if you prefer.
My Private Note
sushi p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sheet of nori on bamboo mat and align with edge nearest you.
- 2Using a moistened hand, spread about 3/4-1 cup of rice evenly over 5 x 8-inch area leaving 2 inches nori at the far end. Using a knife, spread a light layer of mayo on the rice surface. If adding wasabi, spread a light layer now.
- 3Arrange cucumber stick(s) 1 inch from edge nearest you, followed by Spam strip(s). Lift mat with thumbs; keep cucumber and meat in place with fingers, and roll mat over meat and away from you.
- 4When mat touches the rice, lift mat and continue to roll as you would for a jelly roll. Roll again in mat and apply slight pressure to tighten roll.
- 5To serve, cut each roll into eight pieces. Arrange sushi slices on platter, cut side up.
- 6I like to just sprinkle a dash of Maggi seasoning sauce onto each sushi, rather than dipping the entire thing in soy sauce, but the choice is yours!
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spam Sushi Maki Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (588 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1125.3
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.6 mg
- Sodium 2299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: