Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spam lovers unite! This was just an experimental dish, but it turned out pretty good. If you're in the mood for a fun and different dish... give this recipe a try! Don't knock it before you try it! =D This recipe is starting off assuming you have already fried the spam strips. *You can also use the reduced sodium Spam Lite version if you prefer.
- Place sheet of nori on bamboo mat and align with edge nearest you.
- Using a moistened hand, spread about 3/4-1 cup of rice evenly over 5 x 8-inch area leaving 2 inches nori at the far end. Using a knife, spread a light layer of mayo on the rice surface. If adding wasabi, spread a light layer now.
- Arrange cucumber stick(s) 1 inch from edge nearest you, followed by Spam strip(s). Lift mat with thumbs; keep cucumber and meat in place with fingers, and roll mat over meat and away from you.
- When mat touches the rice, lift mat and continue to roll as you would for a jelly roll. Roll again in mat and apply slight pressure to tighten roll.
- To serve, cut each roll into eight pieces. Arrange sushi slices on platter, cut side up.
- I like to just sprinkle a dash of Maggi seasoning sauce onto each sushi, rather than dipping the entire thing in soy sauce, but the choice is yours!
These were very good. I made them last night adn we all enjoyed them very much. I did add some spicy mayo to the roll but otherwise followed your recipe. this is good. we will make them again when we have a sushi dinner. Thank you for sharing your creation.