Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe is from the Just for Kids Cookbook.
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup soda cracker crumbs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice SPAM into 8 pieces; cut each slice in half lengthwise.
- Beat together egg and milk.
- Coat each SPAM slice with flour.
- Dip in milk mixture and roll in cracker crumbs.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with tartar sauce or ketchup.
I was looking for something that the kids and I would have fun making and eating. It was fun and easy to make with a 11yr & 9yr old. The kids didn't like them though, and I didn't really care for them. They were really bland. I like SPAM a lot. I think that the kids and I will continue to experiment with them, and see if I can't figure out something to make up the blandness.