Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
This recipe comes from my favorite cookbook. I was a bit aprehensive about making this one because I'm not a big Spam fan, but it's a wonderful soup. Even the kids think so!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 3 (4 1/4 ounce) jars diced green chilies
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, cubed
- Coat large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute garlic over medium heat 1 minute.
- Add bell peppers, green onion, chilies, jalapenos, oregano, and cumin; saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans and broth.
- Bring to a boil and cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in Spam.
- Simmer 2 additional minutes.