Recipe by True Texas
This is my son J.J.'s favortie meal. If I use red potatoes I use about 9 since they are small. This is so rich and creamy. It's like Au Gratin potatoes.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 7/8/12 for the " Circus " Event in the Food Photo Forum. Except for using sweet white onion and Broccoli & Cheese Soup the recipe was made as it was written. And OMGoodness !!!! it was so,so SALTY. Even my salt loving SO said it was almost too salty for him.I don't think subbing the soup would have made that much of a difference. I think if I make this again, I'm going to use low sodium items and see if that will help on reducing the saltiness of this recipe.
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, classic
- 5 medium potatoes, sliced (very thin)
- 1 mild red onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- salt and pepper, & season salt taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice potatoes into round slices, very thin.
- Chop onion and spam into small chunks and combine with potatoes. Salt and pepper these.
- Place potatoes & onions in a casserole dish.
- Mix Cheze-Whiz, soup, milk and Season All or Season Salt, in sauce pan and heat until chez-whiz is melted.
- Pour over the potatoes and spam.
- Bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees, maybe longer until potatoes are tender.