Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This inexpensive one-dish meal is a family favorite. Moist and flavorful, it uses ingredients found right in your pantry. It can be doubled easily for OAMC.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta (elbows, spirals, bowties, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Cook pasta 2 minutes under package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, melt butter. Sauté celery, onion and Spam until vegetables are just getting soft.
- Add soup, tomatoes and seasonings. Cook until well blended and heated through.
- Place pasta in a large casserole; add spam mixture and tomato sauce; tossing well to mix (can be frozen at this point).
- Cover tightly and cook in a 325° oven for 45 - 60 minutes.
I'm so sorry we didn't like this. I followed the directions exactly but we just couldn't eat it and ended up throwing it out.
Do you like Spam? My husband does! And I don't let him eat it very often! This casserole is reminiscent of a casserole I used to make when we were first married. I have a smiling husband tonight. Thanks, Puppies777! I did add some grated cheese, and it was great comfort food!