This inexpensive one-dish meal is a family favorite. Moist and flavorful, it uses ingredients found right in your pantry. It can be doubled easily for OAMC.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta (elbows, spirals, bowties, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Cook pasta 2 minutes under package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, melt butter. Sauté celery, onion and Spam until vegetables are just getting soft.
- Add soup, tomatoes and seasonings. Cook until well blended and heated through.
- Place pasta in a large casserole; add spam mixture and tomato sauce; tossing well to mix (can be frozen at this point).
- Cover tightly and cook in a 325° oven for 45 - 60 minutes.