Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fantastic toasted pita pockets!
- 12 ounces Spam
- 1⁄4 lb sliced genoa salami
- 4 ounces extra sharp grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced onion
- cracked pepper
- olive oil
- 6 pita bread (I prefer "joseph's")
- Slice 6 pitas in half to make 12 pockets.
- cut spam lengthways into 12 slices.
- place 2 slices of salami into pockets , opened.
- place 1 slice of spam into salami.
- top meat with about 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- sprinkle with a pinch of cracked pepper & oregano.
- place thin slices of onion on top of cheese.
- drizzle a few drops of olive oil over onion.
- in a stand-up position, loosely place pockets in a meatloaf pan. ( do not pack too tightly.).
- bake at 350 deg. for about 20-25 minuets.
Why don't you just eat something healthier that takes 10 minutes like a grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat bun????