- 5 cups cooked sushi rice (Room Temperature)
- 12 ounces Spam
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 5 sheets nori, seaweed (cut in half lengthwise)
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Nori Goma Furikake, japanese seasoning (Furikake)
Directions See How It's Made
- Open SPAM can and remove SPAM, set aside. Open both ends of can and wash thoroughly.
- Cut SPAM into 10 slices and fry until crispy. Let drain.
- In another pan, combine Soy Sauce, Mirin, and Sugar. Bring to boil over medium-high heat and then reduce to low.
- Add the SPAM slices to the pan and make sure they are coated in the sauce. Simmer on low until sauce thickens and then remove SPAM.
- Lay the sheet of Nori on a clean surface. Place the clean SPAM can on the lower third of the Nori. Fill the mold (the SPAM can) with rice and press flat until the rice is 3/4" high.
- Sprinkle rice with Furikaki and the top with a piece of the SPAM.
- Remove the mold and place it in a bowl of water to keep it clean.
- Fold the Nori over the SPAM and Sushi Rice and roll until it is completely wrapped. Moisten the end of the Nori to seal.
- Repeat this for the rest of the SPAM slices.