1/2 Photos of Spam Musubi
Iron Woman's Note:
Found this recipe on the net. Serve with macaroni salad to make it a Hawaii dish! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Open SPAM can and remove SPAM, set aside. Open both ends of can and wash thoroughly.
- 2Cut SPAM into 10 slices and fry until crispy. Let drain.
- 3In another pan, combine Soy Sauce, Mirin, and Sugar. Bring to boil over medium-high heat and then reduce to low.
- 4Add the SPAM slices to the pan and make sure they are coated in the sauce. Simmer on low until sauce thickens and then remove SPAM.
- 5Lay the sheet of Nori on a clean surface. Place the clean SPAM can on the lower third of the Nori. Fill the mold (the SPAM can) with rice and press flat until the rice is 3/4" high.
- 6Sprinkle rice with Furikaki and the top with a piece of the SPAM.
- 7Remove the mold and place it in a bowl of water to keep it clean.
- 8Fold the Nori over the SPAM and Sushi Rice and roll until it is completely wrapped. Moisten the end of the Nori to seal.
- 9Repeat this for the rest of the SPAM slices.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spam Musubi
Serving Size: 1 (1923 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 1104.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 7.3 g