1/1 Photo of Spam Musubi
A yummy, yet so simple recipe that's great for a snack or even as an appetizer for a casual party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take the Spam out of the can and slice it into 8 slices. Wash the container and set aside for later use.
- 2In a skillet, heat the soy sauce, rice wine and sugar until the mixture bubbles. Turn the heat to low and pan fry the slices of Spam, turning often. Remove and let cool.
- 3Spread the hot rice about an inch thick. Sprinkle generously with the furikake until most of the surface is covered. Quickly stir the rice so that the furikake is distributed throughout. The warmer the rice, the easier this step is.
- 4Line the inside of the Spam can with plastic wrap. Using a small spoon, scoop the rice into the container, packing down firmly after each scoop. Let it chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- 5Pull the rice out of the container by the plastic wrap, and slice it into 8 slices. This is easier to do if you dip the knife in water.
- 6Top each slice of rice with a slice of Spam.
- 7Cut the nori into 1/2 inch strips. Wrap around, making the ends meet at the bottom. Use a little bit of water to make the ends stick together.
- 9Note: to make these as appetizers, just cut each slice widthwise into four small pieces, and they are bite sized! Very cute!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spam Musubi
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.9
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 1077.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: