1/1 Photo of SPAM Jambalaya
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
This recipe was found in a cook booklet that I sent for from the SPAM Company.Now except for leaving out the green bell pepper,the recipe was made as it was written. (which I will list in the ingredients).My SO and I found this to be a bit on the bland side.If you do try this,PLEASE feel free to "PUNCH IT UP" and let me know what you did.Posted to food.com ( a.k.a. "ZAAR" )on July 20th.,2012
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) can spam lite luncheon meat, cubed (I used regular )
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (use liquid from tomatoes)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) low sodium chicken broth (I used regular)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons hot sauce (recipe read 6 to 8 drops)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (I left it off)
- 1In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat,saute' spam,onion,green pepper,celery,and garlic until all vegetables are tender.
- 2Except for rice and parsley( if using ), add remaining ingredients.
- 3Bring to a boil and add rice.
- 4Cover, and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minute or until rice is done.
- 5Remove bay leaf, and sprinkle with parsley ( if using).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for SPAM Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: