Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Don't be scared of the Spam. This is one of my favorite hotdishes!
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream or 10 1⁄2 ounces milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion flakes
- 10 -12 slices American cheese (about 10-12 slices stacked together)
- Cook macaroni as directed on package.
- While macaroni cooks, cut up cheese slices and spam.
- Mix milk or cream, soup, cheese, spam, and onion flakes. Stir toghether and add the noodles. Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours.
too salty for my taste. and while I don't mind eating spam when I'm using up my tornado shelter rations every 4 years, I'm not overly impressed with it as a meat to base a dish around.
Well, I was concerned about the spam at first, but as I was dishing up my plate, and seeing the kids quiet, I saw them EATING AWAY. A nice easy tasty dinner. So much for my picky eaters. Real cheesy too. I also added a dash of garlic powder. Made for Zaar Stars. Thanks for the recipe . In my keeper file it goes.
Easy to prep. Used about a cup of pre-shredded cheese. Husband went back for seconds, and my picky-eater 5 yr old is devouring his share like nobody's business. I added some powdered garlic and paprika. Yeah, I'll be making this again.