Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of the staple foods listed in the Pacific Islands is... you guessed it... Spam! Strange but true - so here is a goulash recipe from a Guam based website just for ZWT 7 :-)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, Dice into medium cubes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn (Drained)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can green beans (Drained)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can tomato sauce or 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced mushrooms (Drained)
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet or medium pot heat 2 Tsp oil. Add onions and Spam. Sautee for 2 minute till spam starts to brown. Add all other ingredients into skillet and let simmer for 15-20 minute Serve over hot steamed rice. Add Tabasco for spicy flavor.
This is good! I love how versatile this recipe is. I used frozen lima beans and peas instead of green beans, and frozen corn instead of canned. I also added a lot of sriracha sauce, which lent the tomato sauce a nice smoky spiciness. This dish isn't going to win any awards, but it's so easy to throw together and tastes great like comfort food should.
I chose this particular recipe for items I had on hand and quick to prepare, not that it sounded particularly good. I added hot sauce to my serving, my 3 other dining companions did not. Thumbs up from all. I was really good!
This was good. I do like things spicier, so I added some cayenne pepper and cajun seasoning while it was simmering. I also omitted the garlic powder and sauteed fresh garlic with the onion and spam. I served over egg noodles and it was delicious. Thank you! I will make again.