Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
This is a recipe that I found in promotional cook booklet that different food companies put out. This one uses SPAM of all things. Since there were only 2 of us I cut the recipe in half, but goodness it still makes a lot. I think half would serve 4 or maybe even 6 with a salad and some dinner bread. I'm just listing the ingredients for 4 people. If you need to, it's very easy to double this recipe. As the recipe was written, it used low-fat ingredients, but I didn't have any. I cooked the veggies until they were almost fork tender. Prep time includes the cooking of veggies. This recipe is very easy on the pocketbook--with these ingredients it's only .57 cents a serving, depending on if you use store brand items or items on sale. Submitted to "ZAAR" on March 26,2007
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter or 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon self-rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 6 ounces Spam, cut into julienne strips
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, more if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente or until desired doneness is reached.
- While pasta is cooking, over medium heat melt margarine in a small sauce pan.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in milk, chicken broth and basil.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until thickened; keep warm.
- Drain pasta return to pan and add vegetables, SPAM and sauce.
- Cook and stir over medium high heat until heated through.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese; sprinkle more Parmesan cheese over top if desired.
- Serve and Enjoy!