Recipe by BigFatMomma
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM, wonderful SPAM!! Just weird enough to be good.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Spam-tastic!! Even if I did make the mistake of adding all the glaze ingredients into the meat mixture. I also cut the milk back to 1/2 cup as the others thought the cupcakes were hard to get out of the pan. They did come out easy with the help of a little fork. I think I needed more butter in my mashed potatoes to help the top brown as I broiled them.
- 2 (12 ounce) cansclassic Spam
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 cups instant mashed potatoes, prepared
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, grate the SPAM.
- Add eggs, oats and milk, and mix well.
- Lightly spray a 12- cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full with SPAM mixture.
- Using back of spoon, press mixture into tins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and water.
- Lightly spoon glaze mixture over SPAM mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove cupcakes from oven.
- Place oven rack 2-3 inches from top heat element (broil).
- Top each cupcake with potatoes.
- Broil cupcakes until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
- Let cool in tin for 5 minutes before serving.