Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom would make this for her church circle and faimly get togathers. If she did not make extra my brother and I would eat it all we could.
- 1 (12 ounce) canground Spam
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 lb mild cheddar cheese or 1 lb Velveeta cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Mix all ingredients.
- Spread on hamburger buns.
- wrap in foil.
- Bake 1/2 hour at 375.
- If desired, may spread on bun halves and brown under broiler.
Ok, this looks a bit yuky when you first get the spam out of the can. But once you finish it it's ok. I tastes like a dried out McDonald's burger. (Except for the extra flavor of the onion soup and the extra melty Velveeta)- it's not the most healthy meal (high in fat, cholesterol, sodium and very low in protein) - but I guess some people who have to survive off of canned meat (like people in the army) this would be ideal for them. Unless it's an emergency where we have to break out the nonperishable canned foods, I can't see making this again. I'm really sorry, don't mean to hurt your feelings, but I need to be honest. Sorry.