1/2 Photos of Spam© and Vegetable Hash
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I saw the original recipe for this in the "America's Best Brand Name Recipes" cookbook. And I "tweaked" a couple of things in it to more suit my tastes. If desired serve with your favorite biscuit or cornbread recipe.If you don't like Spam©, just substitute the same amount of ham or other cooked meat. Submitted to "ZAAR" on September 24, 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, diced into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1In a large non stick skillet over medium heat, melt margarine and cook onion until softened.
- 2Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned.
- 3Then add spam and veggies, sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 4Stir occasionally until meat is slightly browned.
- 5Top with cheese if desired, and let set for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spam© and Vegetable Hash
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 586.3
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.7 mg
- Sodium 1811.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 15.7 g