Recipe by jmelyn
Yes, this has Spam in it. I know, I know. But it was my VERY FAVORITE dinner when I was a child, and I still like it. My husband scoffed when I first made it--but you know what? He had seconds.
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups egg noodles
- 1 can Spam
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- minced garlic (to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- grated cheese
- Tabasco sauce (couple shakes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Mix cottage cheese and sour cream into cooked noodles.
- Add Spam, sliced into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Add seasoning.
- Place in greased, 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 40 minutes.
- Note: My mom always used the dehydrated onions found in the spice aisle and garlic powder--also out of a little shaker.
- I've used fresh ingredients and I've used the dried--and you know what?
- I prefer the dried.