Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy summertime salad that is great served hot or cold. A family favorite made for over 40 years.
- 16 ounces Spam
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes Kraft macaroni and cheese (whatever style you like)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces Italian dressing (optional for cold version)
- for the version that is served hot-.
- slice and cube the spam and fry in a frying pan until hot and crispy.
- prepare Kraft MacN Cheese as directed on the box and stir in cooked spam.
- stir in drained diced tomatoes and serve warm.
- for the cold version-.
- slice and cube the spam.
- prepare the Kraft MacNCheese as directed on the box and stir in spam.
- stir in drained diced tomatoes and chill for one hour.
- drizzle italian dressing over the top just before serving.
Made the cold version, and cut the recipe in half. Flavors seemed to be missing something particularly in the dressing. Also I would cut back just a tad on the spam, took some of the macoroni flavor out. Made for Pick a Chef 2012.