Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is definitely not the kind of recipe I usually post on Zaar. In fact, some people who read this recipe may think I am out of my cotton pickin' mind and wonder where I get the nerve to call my self a cook at all...lol. But, I love this stuff. First of all, you have to be a spam lover to even consider this. I have loved spam since I was younger. I don't eat it often, now that I am an adult, but there are still times that I find myself wanting it. This was one of those times. I was having a lazy day and didn't feel much like cooking and this is the recipe that resulted. I was very much in the mood for spam and for fast results. My husband even liked this and he isn't much of a spam fan most of the time! So, if you are thinking about trying this recipe, you have to love spam, ok? You can add two beaten eggs after it it all together and then put some spaghetti sauce over the top and bake it as well. I did that once but I like it better just plain when I am in a hurry!!! the cooking time of 10-12 min. is for cooking the macaroni. But if you decide to do the oven one with the beaten eggs, you will cook it 30-40 min. or until the eggs are set and well done.
- 1 (14 ounce) boxdeluxe macaroni and cheese mix (the kind with the little foil packet of creamy cheese sauce, not the dry sauce)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam (I used the Lite one)
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans, well drained
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, well drained. you can save the liquid for something else. (optional)
- Cook the macaroni as per pkg. instructions. Drain. Squeeze the cheese sauce on the macaroni and mix well. I did not add any margarine, just the cheese sauce. When well mixed, add the green beans and mix well again. Open the can of spam and grate it. Then, add it to the macaroni/green bean mixture and mix well. If you choose not to use the diced tomatos, you are ready to eat. If you choose to use the tomatoes, add them and mix them gently inches At this point, you can either put it in a casserole dish, and pour two beaten eggs over it, then top it with a layer of spaghetti sauce and bake it until the eggs are done and its hot and bubbly OR you can just eat it the way it is sprinkled with salt and pepper. Either way, I think ist yummy. It is even better the next day heated up in the microwave. But, I warn you, if you don't like Spam, you won't like this!
Spam-tastic!! (Thanks mama smurf, never heard that one before) I did use the tomatoes, no eggs or spaghetti sauce and heated it on the stove with the help of a little water. I'll make this again but would like to try it using bulk macaroni and Velveeta Cheese. I think it will come out just as good minus the expense of the boxed macaroni. Don't forget to add the garlic and onion powders as they add a lot of flavor. I almost forgot until I sampled it.
My DH and I love Spam so I knew we would love this. Yummo! I fixed it without the tomatoes and this will be on my list for Spam-tastic Recipes. Thank you.