Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had a half a can of SPAM© leftover from BBQ Beans and Spam.And this is what I came up with.Serve this with toast or biscuits along with some fruit and you will have a breakfast your whole family will enjoy.Submitted to "ZAAR" on October 6th,2007.
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 ounces Spam, diced into small cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl,scramble eggs until pale yellow in color and fluffy.
- Set eggs aside.
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat add oil.
- When oil is hot but not smoking add onions.
- Saute' onions for 3 to 5 minutes,add potatoes,and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook potatoes until lightly browned.
- Add SPAM© and cook until meat has a slightly browned color.
- Pour eggs over meat and potatoes,let eggs sit on potatoes for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir eggs into potatoes until desired doneness for eggs is reached.
We loved this. I made it for a light dinner. I cut the recipe in half but added in some chopped red and green peppers along with the onions. Made just the right amount for 2 servings. Wonderful dish that will be made again. Thanks shapeweaver for posting.