Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We were in Hawaii and Spam being very popular over there my DH and I had this at a friends house. We tweaked it a little for our liking. Hope you Spam lovers like it also.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 liter half-and-half
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- In a large saucepan, saute bell pepper, onion and garlic in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Cook for a few minutes to get rid of the flour taste.
- Stir in water, half-and-half and bouillon cube. Cook over low heat, stirring until bouillon dissolves and mixture boils and thickens.
- Add SPAM, mushrooms and pimiento.
- Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve over rice, toast or puff pastry shells.