Recipe by Lisa1
I've been eating this stuff for years.
Top Review by yamakarasu
I did this a bit differently, cooking the mushrooms and Spam first to really brown them both and let the mushrooms cook down further, and then continued with the rest of the recipe. It was a nice change from the usual, and tasty with rice. Thanks!
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, cubed
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms, drained
- hot cooked rice or toast
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, sauté green pepper in butter until tender.
- Blend in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Stir in water, half-and-half, and bouillon cube.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until bouillon dissolves and mixture boils and thickens. Add Spam and mushrooms.
- Cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice or toast.