Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From 365 Delicious Low-Fat Recipes.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces spaghettini
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and toss to coat with oil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring, until onions are very tender and a deep golden color, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, thyme and pepper.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta. Drain.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add peas and browned onions. Toss to combine.
- Add cheese and parsley and toss again. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Very simple and tasty. A couple of notes ... I did use fresh thyme vs dried. I think the flavor was much better. Just my personal preference. I also used more garlic, but again, I LOVE garlic. My last note is that I didn't cover my onions, they tend to sweat more whereas uncovered they brown. Fifteen minutes and they were golden brown uncovered. Lots of salt and pepper.
I loved it. The swiss was really nice with it. Served it as a side under some grilled chicken and portabellos.