Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fresh basil can be hard to come by, expensive, and too pungent for kiddies; parsley is a great substitute, or sometimes I do half and half. This makes a good dinner, and I think it's even better cold the next day.
- 1 lb spaghettini (I prefer whole wheat)
- 4 cups Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 3 -5 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 medium cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, diced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Cook pasta.
- Put parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parmesan, and salt&pepper to taste in a food processor and blend.
- In a large bowl, mix together pasta, pesto, cucumbers and walnuts.