Recipe by Julie B's Hive
From Ann Dean of South Tomaston, this recipe placed third in the Maine Lobster Cook-off. Truly unique in that the lobster is cooked in a tomato sauce. Haven't tried this yet but summer's coming and my SIL will be lobstering again.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 peppercorns
- 3 maine lobsters (the best there is!)
- 1 lb spaghettini
- grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot large enough to hold the lobsters, warm olive oil and crush the garlic through a garlic press into the oil, stirring; do not let garlic brown.
- With your hands, crush tomatoes into pot. Bring sauce to a simmer and once simmering, add parsley, oregano, bay leaf, and peppercorns to sauce and stir. Add live lobsters, cover pot, and cook over medium-high heat until lobsters are red, about 12-15 minutes.
- While lobsters are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghettini. Drain and plate. Place lobsters over spaghettini and pour sauce over lobsters and pasta. Sprinkle with Romano cheese and serve.