Spaghettini with Ham and Broccoli
- Cook spaghettini until al dente.
- Add broccoli to the water you are cooking spaghettini in and blanch for 15 seconds.
- Remove broccoli and refresh under cold, running water.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the cooking water and drain pasta.
- Return pasta to the pan with the reserved liquid.
- Add butter and cream and bring to a light simmer over moderate heat, stirring.
- Stir in ham, parmesan, ¼ tsp salt and parsley and cook mixture, stirring, until very hot.
- Season with lots of coarsely ground black pepper and serve immediately.