Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Who needs to spend all day in the kitchen to have a great-tasting meal? Try this one.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghettini
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces smoked ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghettini until al dente.
- Add broccoli to the water you are cooking spaghettini in and blanch for 15 seconds.
- Remove broccoli and refresh under cold, running water.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the cooking water and drain pasta.
- Return pasta to the pan with the reserved liquid.
- Add butter and cream and bring to a light simmer over moderate heat, stirring.
- Stir in ham, parmesan, ¼ tsp salt and parsley and cook mixture, stirring, until very hot.
- Season with lots of coarsely ground black pepper and serve immediately.
It was just a touch on the bland side, but we really liked it. Used leftover steamed broccoli and macaroni. Next time I think I'll add a little basil and oregano.
Absolutely loved this dish. Will definitely make again.
This is so flavorful and so easy to prepare! I made as directed using some black forest deli ham which was perfect. The sauce was not too heavy, but just right for the spaghettini. Thanks so much, Evelyn!