Recipe by slb2008
Simple, delicious and quick -- found this years ago in Eating Well magazine Oct/97 -- make it all the time and it never fails to impress. Enjoy!
Top Review by averybird
We enjoyed this clam dish for dinner tonight. It is on the lighter side but still very good. I used fresh parsley from my garden in the topping. Thanks, slb2008! [Made for Spring PAC 2013]
- 6 ounces pasta, spaghettini
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams, reserve drained liquid
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried is fine
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast panko in frying pan until very lightly coloured, immediately remove to a plate and stir in dried parsley -- set aside.
- Start water for pasta, add salt and boil as package indicates.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet on medium high heat, add garlic and cook just until it starts to colour.
- Immediately add clam liquid and white wine.
- Cook until reduced by half, season with salt & pepper.
- When pasta is ready to your liking, drain and add to skillet along with clams.
- Stir well to mix everything -- divide between 2 plates -- top with toasted breadcrumbs and parsley -- serve immediately with tossed salad.