Recipe by twissis
This recipe has been entered for ZWT II & my source is: www.mangiabenepasta.com/seafood.html. Times were not included, so have been estimated.
Top Review by Luvs 2 Cook
OH MY GOODNESS twissis, this was YUMMMMMMMY! DH and DS gobbled it up! I did make a few changed though. I left out the cheese (couldn't find it), added minced onions and Italian seasoning. I also a can of fire roasted tomatoes, Rotel tomatoes wiith the dried tomatoes. I used crabmeat, shrimp and scallops. The recipe was easy and GOOD! I will make this again!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (oil-packed, drained & chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus (1 inch pieces)
- 12 ounces spaghettini (thin spaghetti)
- 8 ounces fresh crabmeat (preferred, but sub as desired)
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 10 fresh basil leaves (thinly sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté garlic in oil over med heat for 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes & chopped sun-dried tomatoes & red pepper flakes.
- Cover & simmer about 5 minutes. Season to taste w/salt & pepper.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to skillet w/sauce.
- Return water to a boil, add salt & cook pasta. Drain & set aside.
- Bring sauce to a simmer. Mix in crabmeat & mascarpone & blend well.
- Add pasta & basil, toss just to heat thru & serve.