Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe has been entered for ZWT II & my source is: www.mangiabenepasta.com/seafood.html. Times were not included, so have been estimated.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato (oil-packed, drained & chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus (1 inch pieces)
- 12 ounces spaghettini (thin spaghetti)
- 8 ounces fresh crabmeat (preferred, but sub as desired)
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 10 fresh basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- Sauté garlic in oil over med heat for 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes & chopped sun-dried tomatoes & red pepper flakes.
- Cover & simmer about 5 minutes. Season to taste w/salt & pepper.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to skillet w/sauce.
- Return water to a boil, add salt & cook pasta. Drain & set aside.
- Bring sauce to a simmer. Mix in crabmeat & mascarpone & blend well.
- Add pasta & basil, toss just to heat thru & serve.
OH MY GOODNESS twissis, this was YUMMMMMMMY! DH and DS gobbled it up! I did make a few changed though. I left out the cheese (couldn't find it), added minced onions and Italian seasoning. I also a can of fire roasted tomatoes, Rotel tomatoes wiith the dried tomatoes. I used crabmeat, shrimp and scallops. The recipe was easy and GOOD! I will make this again!
A 5 star restaurant rating, a 10 star recipe. There is no doubt in my mind~this is the type of food fare that you would come to expect from a top eating spot. All of it, down to the very small basil leaf is absolutely saporous! The ease in which this was put together, coupled with fresh ingredients made my family think this was a special evening. I followed this directly as written, other then adding a bit of fresh crab and fresh asparagus to the top as a garnish. That's all. No need to change or add anything. The experience alone will make your family sing.
Oh my, was this good! I followed this nearly as written. The only changes I made were to steam the asparagus and use regular spaghetti. I also halved the recipe, which is good because I think I could have eaten a lot of this! I think this would be good if you left out the cheese, especially in the summer for a lighter dinner. Definitely material for a nice romantic dinner. Thanks twissis! You have outdone yourself with this one!