Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light dinner that is perfect for a hot summer evening. Sometimes I add carrots, mushrooms and/or ground turkey.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups zucchini, sliced
- 3 cups diced tomatoes, fresh or canned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the zucchini, tomatoes, salt, bay leaf, pepper, basil and oregano.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf and serve over the hot pasta.