Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great recipe I've worked on for a while. Makes for a chunky spaghetti sauce, or Goulash.
Make and share this Spaghetti with Zucchini and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium zucchini (about 6 inches long)
- 1 packaged pre-sliced mushroom
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons mediteranean basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with added onions and such.
- Brown the ground beef with the pepper and salt, drain.
- Return to pot, and add sliced mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Add spices and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, and add red wine.
- Turn stove to low, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini, chopped into quarter sized 1/2 inch thick pieces, and the crushed or diced garlic.
- Cook for 30 minutes more.