Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple and elegant, a great way to use zucchini!
Make and share this Spaghetti with Zucchini and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Pile up 2 or 3 layers of paper towels on a work surface.
- Working on the paper towels, shred zucchinis using a grater holding the zucchini at an angle.
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil to the pan Add chopped garlic to the oil.
- When garlic starts sizzling in oil, add shredded zucchini.
- Season zucchini with salt and pepper.
- Saute shredded zucchini 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add hot, drained pasta to the pan.
- Toss spaghetti with zucchini and garlic oil.
- Add a couple of handfuls of grated cheese to the pan.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
What a wonderful supper we had last night. This recipe turned a few simple ingredients into a real tasty and very simple meal. I used medium size zucchini. I think I used a little more than 1/2 cup cheese. I just added until it looked right. Cook time was just right. Thanks Sharon. You have some wonderful vegetarian recipes.
I used this to inspire a main dish idea. I sauted diced ham, turkey pepperoni & zucchini with some minced onion & garlic in a skillet. Then I used whole wheat spaghetti & mixed some oil, oregano, parsley & seasoning salt-topped it with the meat mix, then sprinkled on some parm cheese. It was SO good! Thank u for inspiring this dish; will make it again!
I'm always looking for new ways to make zucchini. Glad I found this! It was really simple, fast and really delicious. I did make a few minor changes though. I added a little crushed red pepper to the garlic and oil. I used 6 cloves of garlic instead of 4. I also added some mushrooms and basil. Was fantastic!