Recipe by Sharon123
Simple and elegant, a great way to use zucchini!
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
What a wonderful supper we had last night. This recipe turned a few simple ingredients into a real tasty and very simple meal. I used medium size zucchini. I think I used a little more than 1/2 cup cheese. I just added until it looked right. Cook time was just right. Thanks Sharon. You have some wonderful vegetarian recipes.
- 2 small zucchini or 2 medium zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente or to taste
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pile up 2 or 3 layers of paper towels on a work surface.
- Working on the paper towels, shred zucchinis using a grater holding the zucchini at an angle.
- Heat a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil to the pan Add chopped garlic to the oil.
- When garlic starts sizzling in oil, add shredded zucchini.
- Season zucchini with salt and pepper.
- Saute shredded zucchini 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add hot, drained pasta to the pan.
- Toss spaghetti with zucchini and garlic oil.
- Add a couple of handfuls of grated cheese to the pan.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.