Recipe by melijane
Pasta cooked a little differently. Recipe from "Saudi Arabia Magazine" (an official publication of the Information Office of the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia), Summer 1997
- 3 cups spaghetti (break into 2-inch lengths)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 onions, finely grated
- 3⁄4 lb minced meat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups yogurt
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Strain.
- Hard-boil the eggs, then peel and slice into rings.
- Heat the oil and the onions, minced meat, cumin and black pepper with a little water. Cook over medium heat.
- Put spaghetti in a saucepan. Add butter and stir over heat for five minutes.
- Put spaghetti in a baking dish.
- After mixing yogurt with garlic and salt, pour over the spaghetti.
- Cover this with minced meat, egg rings and parsley.
- Put dish in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for five minutes. Serve hot.