Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Quick, easy and delicious pasta dish best with fresh crab if possible, adding the brown meat will make it too mushy. From simply seasonal by Claire Macdonald from the Isle of Skye
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 chili pepper, medium strength seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white crabmeat
- 3 ounces parsley, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- cook spaghetti for 6 - 7 minutes.
- drain and immediately mix in chilli, garlic and oil.
- Put in crab parsley, pepper and salt.
- mix thoroughly to allow crabmeat to warm through.
- serve as soon as possible.
This recipe is very good, especially when you have a good olive oil. Very rich and delicious.
As this is basically a Spaghetti Aglio with crab, I browned the garlic and chilli in the oil and warmed the crabmeat in the pan before removing it from the heat and stirring in the pasta and parsley. It's a great vehicle for the subtle taste of the crab. Very nice. Good olive oil is a must in this simple dish.
I was alone for dinner last night and this filled the bill. Will make again for sure!